So, I have finally got the chance to replicate the butter croissant recipe I learnt from the pastry class a few weeks ago and I am proud to say, it was a success!
Since the marble slab I have at home is rather small, I decided to half the recipe, using only 150g butter. And since I was not able to find any malt powder, I substituted that with the same amount (by weight) of honey.
The outermost layers of the pastry started breaking on my last fold, but thankfully, that was not much of an issue. I believe the key point is making sure the butter is incorporated into the dough properly, and rolling out the dough to the required thickness each time.
I am happy to report that, for the first time, when I pulled the baking tray out of the oven, there was not a trace of melted butter on the tray! And the wonderful scent of baked croissants is a delightful plus.